Thursday, January 18, 2007

Imbedded Trivia

I just got home from the first of my Bike Club's Winter Movie Series showings. We do these about once a month during the colder months up until the time changes and we can get back out on our bikes in the evenings. Tonight's movie was "The Tour, Baby", which is a behind-the-scenes look at the Tour de France from the perspective of a guy who started out as just another tourist, but ended up getting a little ways inside the door into the machine that is Le Tour.
_____________________________________________________

Don't forget the Rules and where to send your answers.

Question 1: Who are the two British guys who have been announcing the Tour de France on American TV for about the last twenty years?

Question 2: Actually, one of them doesn't even live in Great Britain. Where is his current home (just name the country)?
_____________________________________________________

Speaking of movies, I just dropped by Blockbuster Video on the way home to return the movie I watched last night. I occasionally like to watch martial arts films, especially the ones by Jackie Chan (they're usually pretty funny), but I've found that some of the more recent big budget ones have way too much "wire work" that takes away too much of the realism.

However, last night I watched Jet Li's "Fearless" based on a recommendation from a friend. I must say that I was not disappointed. This was a little "wire work", but no so much that it took anything away from the story for me. And Jet Li is such an incredible martial artist that it blows my mind. "Fearless" will never take the place of the Akira Kurosawa movies in my heart, but it is absolutely worth watching, probably several times,
_____________________________________________________

Question 3: What two martial arts movies did Darryl Hannah appear in?
_____________________________________________________

Tomorrow I go back out to help set up another cyclocross race course for this weekend. We're going to a park I've never been to before; Victor Ashe Park (named after a long-time Knoxville Mayor and current ambassador to Poland). I'll have to let you know tomorrow how the set-up goes.
_____________________________________________________

Question 4: Speaking of parks, what is the largest National Park in the United States?
_____________________________________________________

I really don't have any more topics to discuss tonight. I guess I'll just wrap it up and get started on some housekeeping work I need to do before MG gets back from Baltimore tomorrow night. I only have tonight and tomorrow morning to do it all (since the afternoon is dedicated to cyclocross stuff). I don't even have a lead-in for a last trivia question. I guess I'll just have to pick something at random.
_____________________________________________________

5. The Cassini Spacecraft is currently flying around taking data on and pictures of Saturn and its moons. What was the name of the probe that Cassini piggybacked out there and then dropped off at Titan?

No comments: