The drugs have helped. Today I can move my head side to side a little (a little), and more importantly, I got to sleep through the night. I didn’t take any more muscle relaxers ‘til I got home today (I did want to be able to drive home from work, after all). But I did when I got here, but not with a anti-inflammatory at the same time. Still, I can feel the effects.
Speaking of ‘effect’, I got into a discussion with another engineer today on the proper usage of ‘effect’ versus ‘affect’ (in general you should use ‘effect’ as a noun and ‘affect’ as a verb). But it got me to thinking about words in general, and how some have different meanings and et cetera, et cetera. I think the one I was most fascinated with today was the word ‘fell’, which has about four distinct meanings that I can think of without pulling out the dictionary. I can even make a sentence using them all.
The Fell Man of the Fell tripped down the stair and fell onto his ursine fell.
I think I got that right. I’m drugged up, though, so I really couldn’t say. Somebody look it up and tell me if I got it OK.
Follow the Rules. Email Answer to bgoab at mindspring dot com. Volunteer at a shelter. Help an old lady across the street. Don’t take candy from strangers. Have a good time, all the time.
1. Which Chinese philosopher wrote the Tao Te Ching?
2. The Aum Shinrikyo cult group release what poisonous gas in a Tokyo subway in 1995?
3. The Prime Meridian (the line denoting 0 degrees of longitude) famously passes through what English town?
4. Who played Lenny on Laverne and Shirley?
5. Which now defunct company’s camera technology made it possible to view images on your computer that you could rotate in all directions – up, down, and side to side?