OK, I think I owe everyone a bit of an explanation. I’ve been away from the blog lately because:
- We threw a cocktail party on Friday evening. I spent almost all day Friday getting ready for it and was up until 2:00am or so.
- I spent all day Saturday at the mountain bike race, AKA “The 12 Hours of the Hill of Truth”. The first seven hours were spent wandering around with Joshua and Elle taking a huge number of photos of the racers. The next seven or so hours were spent doing the scorekeeping on the second shift (Jay N. set up the software and hardware and took the first shift).
- I spent almost all day on Sunday going through about 200 or so photos that I took on Saturday and also setting up my storefront website.
- On Monday, I found out that somebody had already found my storefront (even though I wasn’t ready with it yet), so I felt compelled to go through the rest of my photos (around another 150) and get them up there.
- Tonight I’ve been filling the few orders that have already come in (the official site announcement was made today) and,
- I will start packing at any minute now to go on a trip out of the country tomorrow. Yes, that’s right. I’m going out of the country. Where? Bermuda. I’ll come back on Sunday.
Now, before you start hating me, I’m going to Bermuda with Mrs. Guy since she is going for work. It’s a rare opportunity to go spend several days on a sub-tropical island with a camera in hand. And because it’s a business trip for her, we only have to pay my airfare and food, saving us the $250/night hotel bill. Just admit it, you’d do it too.
What this means is that I may or may not have web access over the next five days. I don’t know what the situation is in Bermuda, or if I’ll actually have an internet-connected computer anywhere near me. Trivia may or may not happen this week. If not, I’ll try to make it up to you.
So, I’ll see you when I see you, ‘kay? (Hopefully soon. Tomorrow evening, if I’m lucky.)