Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Finally...

Better late than never though, right? BTW, stayed home from work again today. Head full o' gunk and no energy. I hope to feel well enough to go tomorrow, though.

So here are those answers I owe everyone. I still have to update the points list.
______________________________________________
10/19 Answers
1. What two fictional characters' "real" names were Scoobert and Norville Rogers? Scoobert was the given name for Scooby Doo, and Norville Rogers was Shaggy. Scooby’s last name was Rogers by default, since he was Shaggy’s Great Dane.

2. What two fictional characters' "real" first names were Jonas and Willy? Jonas Grumby and Willy Gilligan were the Skipper and “Mighty Sailored Man” who piloted the ill-fated SS Minnow.

3. On Tuesday I told a story using some names of other fictional people. If I were their uncle, what would my name be? Huey (Hugh), Dewey (Dewayne) and Louie (Louis) were the nephews of Donald Duck.

4. Louis Cristillo and William Abbott (their real names) were famous for talking about a baseball team. Name as many players (and their respective positions) as you can. [For this question I will award one-half point for each correct answer and will round down to the nearest whole number. Get one and you get one-half point which ends up being zero. Two or three correct equals one, four or five equals two, et cetera.] Who’s on first. What’s on second. I Don’t Know is on third. Why is in left field and Because is in center field. The right fielder was never identified as far as I can find out. Today is the pitcher and Tomorrow is catching. Last, but not least, I Don’t Give A D@mn is playing shortstop.

5. These men, listed here by their birth names (or as much of their birth names as I could find), were all at one time or another associated with what well-known comedic group?
Harry Moses Horwitz
Samuel Horwitz
Jerome Lester Horwitz
Louis Fienberg
Jerome Besserer
Joseph Wardell
Emil Sitka
Perhaps the most famous clowns of their time, they were all at one time or another members of “The Three Stooges”.
______________________________________________

10/26 Trivia
1. NAUI and PADI are governing bodies for what sport? SCUBA diving. Mrs. Guy and I took the PADI course way back in 1990 – and haven’t been diving since. Shame on us.

2. Most people likely know who Ichabod Crane is of "Sleepy Hollow" fame, but do you remember the name of the woman he was in love with? In the old stories and in the movie, the name of Katrina remained unchanged.

3. Who is the real Slim Shady? Marshall Mathers, AKA Eminem, claimed that title for himself.

4. Who wrote the classic "Brave New World"? Auldous Huxley. I keep thinking, how would it have been to grown up with that name? I can barely spell it.

5. Name at least three major characters from Matt Groening's Futurama. The most major three are Bender, Leela, and Phillip J. Frye. Other major characters are Prof. Farnsworth, Amy, Dr. Zoidberg, and Hermes

Bonus Non-Scoring Question: What are you dressing up as for Halloween?
I don’t know about you guys, but I went as a surgeon. Ironic, no?

No comments: