So instead, I'll throw you this little list I wrote a while back, but just found last night. I present to you now the most common "Bike Lies" as I know them.
- This is just going to be an easy ride today, so you won’t need to worry about getting dropped if you are out of shape
- Really, everyone else on this ride is out of shape as well.
- It’s just a fairly flat 20 mile out-and-back.
- I’m really tired today. I think I’ll just take it easy and spin.
- There’s only one climb on this route.
- Yeah, we should be done by 5:00 pm, so you’ll make that 7:00 pm dinner party no problem.
- This course is pretty technical.
- There’s nothing really technical about this course.
- I got nothing left.Work for me today, and I’ll work for you next race.
- I'll get those trivia answers out tomorrow.
OK, I did add that last one just now.