Monday, November 13, 2006

Bike Lies

I stayed home from work today, sick (a cold, I'm guessing). I'm wiped out. I hope you didn't think I would create a full post after that. Did you? Silly rabbit, sicks are the skids.

So instead, I'll throw you this little list I wrote a while back, but just found last night. I present to you now the most common "Bike Lies" as I know them.
  1. This is just going to be an easy ride today, so you won’t need to worry about getting dropped if you are out of shape
  2. Really, everyone else on this ride is out of shape as well.
  3. It’s just a fairly flat 20 mile out-and-back.
  4. I’m really tired today. I think I’ll just take it easy and spin.
  5. There’s only one climb on this route.
  6. Yeah, we should be done by 5:00 pm, so you’ll make that 7:00 pm dinner party no problem.
  7. This course is pretty technical.
  8. There’s nothing really technical about this course.
  9. I got nothing left.Work for me today, and I’ll work for you next race.
  10. I'll get those trivia answers out tomorrow.

OK, I did add that last one just now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that I still get sucked in by those.

by the way check out todays workout: http://crossfit.com/

wally