The inspiration for this came from Kelly.
1. Flip to page 18, paragraph 4 - in the book closest to you right now, what does it say?
I’ll skip over the dictionary here next to my desk and go to the next book. “David asked a passing man where we might find some food. He stared at us for a moment, then waved us toward a passageway which led inside the market. The four of us followed David in dumb procession. I kept a hand on my beltpack. We stopped at a few kiosks while David asked if there was any food available. They all shook their heads, so we turned back and wandered down a narrow rutted street, a single weak streetlamp making it seem all the darker.” (from Neil Peart’s The Masked Rider).
2. If you stretch out your left arm as far as possible, what are you touching?
3. What’s the last program you watched on TV?
House, with Mrs. Guy, and it just ended a few minutes ago. I don’t watch much TV anymore, but she wanted me to watch with her.
4. Without looking, guess what time it is.
10:15 pm (It was 10:13, so I was pretty doggone close)
5. Aside from the computer, what can you hear right now?
The TV, faintly, in the other room, though I don’t know what she’s watching now.
6. When was the last time you were outside and what did you do?
I went outside at 10 pm to walk two of the dogs before putting them up for the night. So I guess I stood there getting cold while they sniffed out the ‘perfect spots’.
7. What are you wearing?
Carpenter’s pants, a blue UnderArmor shirt, and a pair of socks from Mast General Store. And underwear. And a watch. And my RoadID necklace. Do you have one? You should.
8. Did you dream last night? If you did, what about?
I don’t remember dreaming, but I might have. I just don’t know.
9. When was the last time you laughed?
There were a few good one-liners during House a little while ago.
10. What’s on the walls, in the room you’re in right now?
One photo I took, one photo a friend’s husband took, a Grace Kelly vintage ad poster, a “Night Scotsman” vintage ad poster, a poster from the 1986 Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque, and a magnetic dry-erase calendar board. There’s also a CD rack attached to one wall.
11. Have you seen anything strange lately?
As a matter of fact, I watched a squirrel jump over me as I was walking from one building to another at work today. I went over my head and into a tree (and then further up the tree. I wonder if the other squirrels dared him to do it?
12. What do you think about this meme?
Well, I think it’s a meme. That’s about it. Let's not overanalyze these things.
13. What’s the last film you saw?
“Local Hero”. It’s a movie that a friend left here the other night for us to watch. It had Burt Lancaster in a supporting role.
14. If you became a multimillionaire, what would you do with the money?
Buy a car. Buy a house in Blowing Rock, NC (Mrs. Guy would insist). Go to culinary school just for fun. Become a travel photographer (who can also cook well).
15. Tell us something about yourself that most people don’t know.
I vacationed for a week in Bulgaria once. Not exactly a hot travel spot for most Americans.
16. If you could change ONE THING in this world, without regarding politics or bad guilt, what would it be?
Everyone would take better care of the world around us. Starting with the guy who emptied his ashtray in the parking lot at the Post Office this afternoon.
17. Do you like dancing?
I used to. I danced all the time at college parties. I just haven’t done it in a long time. At least not in public.
18. George Bush?
Which one? What about him? Oh, and I don't wear my politics on my sleeve.
19. What do you want your children’s names to be, girl/boy?
Not having children (nor being likely to at this point), I don’t really have an answer to that precisely. We have named our animals though. Oldest to youngest there’s Lindsay, Claire, Moira, and then the twins, Alice and Judy.
20. Would you ever consider living abroad?
Oh, yes. Though I think it would be better to go to a country were English is the native language. If I did the multi-millions thing I would probably buy a small place in Scotland as well.
21. What do you want God to tell you, when you come to heaven?
“Come on in Big Guy, there’s folks here waiting to see you.”
22. Who should do this meme?
Anyone who really wants to. I don’t feel I should challenge anyone to do it. Stuff like this should be voluntary.