Thursday, August 31, 2006

In Vino Veritas

It’s Thursday, and right now that means two things to me. First, it is half-price bottle of wine night at Baker-Peters Jazz Club, and Mrs. Guy and I are going. Second, I have a certain self-imposed obligation to post trivia questions (you know you want them). I am happy to report that more and more people are submitting answers these days, which would become apparent if I could only get my act together and update the standings. I am hereby challenging myself to do that tomorrow (and remember, you heard it here first).

OK, as always, there are Rules to follow for this little quiz, and also as always, please send your answers to bgoab (at) mindspring (dot) com.

Ready? Let’s begin.

1. What is the most visited national park in the US?

2. What British general's surrender at the Siege of Yorktown effectively signaled the beginning of the end of the American Revolutionary War?

3. What was the common nickname used by pirate Edward Teach?

4. There are three Orders of classical architecture. They are Doric, Ionic, and _______?

5. In Roman mythology, who was the goddess of the hunt?

Bonus Question: Who was her Greek mythology counterpart?

No comments: