I hope that the doc will tell me to go get back on the bike again after tomorrow. Just as well I coulnd ride today, or any of the last several days, because it's been raining. I hope that Mom Nature is just getting it over with now so She'll have sunny skies ready for me when I do get back in the saddle again. Which is a nice segue to...
...a card I got in the mail yesterday. It was one of those musical cards that played, yes, "Back in the Saddle Again" when opened. So my heart-felt thanks go out to Wally, Holly, Jordan and Taylor for the very thoughtful and very welcome message. I really did appreciate it.
On to the weekly Trivia!!!
I spent some time coming up with today's questions. I haven't done a theme in a while, but once I came up with the first two, the rest just fell into place. Please remember to follow the Rules of the game, and please send your answers to bgoab at mindspring dot com.
Here we go. Some of these are quite hard according to Mrs. Guy.
1. What two fictional characters' "real" names were Scoobert and Norville Rogers?
2. What two fictional characters' "real" first names were Jonas and Willy?
3. On Tuesday I told a story using some names of other fictional people. If I were their uncle, what would my name be?
4. Louis Cristillo and William Abbott (their real names) were famous for talking about a baseball team. Name as many players (and their respective positions) as you can. [For this question I will award one-half point for each correct answer and will round down to the nearest whole number. Get one and you get one-half point which ends up being zero. Two or three correct equals one, four or five equals two, et cetera.]
5. These men, listed here by their birth names (or as much of their birth names as I could find), were all at one time or another associated with what well-known comedic group?
- Harry Moses Horwitz
- Samuel Horwitz
- Jerome Lester Horwitz
- Louis Fienberg
- Jerome Besserer
- Joseph Wardell
- Emil Sitka*
* Emil, though officially made a member, never actually performed with the group.