Friday, October 20, 2006

Eccentric Explosion

No, I'm not titling this post after more spam. Rather, this is a two word phrase uttered by my orthopedic surgeon today when discussing with Mrs. Guy whether she and I could restart our semi-weekly racquetball matches. I think that ultimately the answer was "probably should wait a bit longer," so I think we're looking at December. Before this I could always start back playing with the uninjured arm, but I don't have one this time.

"Eccentric Explosion." That doesn't sound very good, does it?

All in all, I think he was happy with my progress. I can start running again, and do some light cycling (mostly slow laps down on the Boulevard, I think). Mrs. Guy wants to start back on the tandem soon as well.

And no more PT!!! It seems that I have graduated.

I may have to head for the Boulevard tomorrow morning...
____________________________________

10/12 Trivia Answers

1. Each branch of the US military has it's own band, and some have more than one. Which branch has a bluegrass band? That would be the Navy. Mrs. Guy called me up one day last week to let me know that they were doing a bluegrass rendition of The Proclaimers' "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" on XM Radio.

2. Where did Chris Columbus land on this day in 1492 (be as specific as you can)? San Salvador in the Bahamas.

3. Portnoy and Hodge Podge were characters in what comic strip that started in the 1980s? I miss Bloom County. I know we still get to see Opus and a few other characters these days in the Sunday paper, but I miss Milo and Cutter John and Binkley and his dad and especially Portnoy and Hodge Podge.

4. What is the distinguishing feature of a Manx cat? A Manx cat has no tail. I don't know why not, but they don't. Mrs. Guy had one when I first started dating her way back when. The Manx originated on the Isle of Man, hence the name.

5. What color is the number 5 billiard ball? The five-ball is orange.

Bonus question: What were Portnoy and Hodge Podge? Portnoy was a hedgehog or groundhog. Hodge Podge was a rabbit and played a mean set of drums.

No comments: